To be added to our mailing list, complete the fields below.
What does it take to be eligible to participate in QOPI®?
QOPI is an ASCO member benefit available for all outpatient oncology practices located in the US or US Territories.
International QOPI (iQOPI): QOPI is also available to oncology practices in a number of countries outside the US. ASCO must complete a review of privacy and security requirements within a country, and prepare a country specific participation agreement and translated patient consent forms before QOPI is made available there.
We are excited to extend QOPI participation to member practices outside the United States. QOPI can accept data from practices in the European Union (Austria, Belgium, England, France, Germany, Greece, Luxemburg, Portugal, and Spain), Argentina, Brazil, India, and Saudi Arabia.
Please note that QOPI Certification is not available to member practices outside the US at this time.
Basic QOPI Participation Requirements:
- Register your practice with an active ASCO member ID
- Enter basic practice information
- Designate a corresponding physician and QOPI administrator
- Submit registration application to QOPIO Helpdesk
- Once approved complete full demographic information including practice information, site information, legal agreements, and round participation
How do you register your practice to participate in QOPI®?
All participating practices must register in the new QOPI® system.
- To register for fall as a currently registered practice, you will need the last name and ASCO member ID for the Corresponding Physician designated for your practice and for practices new to QOPI, the last name and ASCO member ID for one member of your practice (typically the individual who will serve as the Corresponding Physician).
- If the Corresponding Physician for your practice has changed and has not been updated in the current QOPI System, do not attempt to register with that member ID. Please contact the QOPI Help Desk for assistance.
- To learn more about registering for the QOPI® system, please click here: Registration Training Video or email the QOPI® help desk to request the recording.
- Once you have reviewed the training video, Visit https://myqopi.asco.org/Registration/Login.aspx to register your practice.
Please note that the recommended browser for the new QOPI System is Google Chrome. You may also use Firefox (37.0) or Internet Explorer 10 and 11.
What does it cost to participate in QOPI®?
QOPI® is currently offered as an ASCO member benefit to all outpatient oncology practices with at least one ASCO member in good standing. The practice bears the cost of participation for staff time for training and data abstraction/submission.
For information regarding the cost of QOPI® Certification (3- year term) - please visit the QOPI® Certification page.
Register, Prepare, Participate, and Get QOPI Certified!
First Step: Register
To be Eligible for QOPI a practice will need the following:
- At least one active ASCO member in good standing in practice
- Practices outside the US are encouraged to register to allow ASCO to track interest
- Practices in the European Union (Belgium, England, France, Germany, Greece, Italy, Luxemburg, Portugal, Romania, and Spain), Argentina, Brazil, India, Philippines, and Saudi Arabia may participate at this time
- Register anytime throughout the year for the one time registration occurrence!
- Flexibility in Level of Registration and Reporting:
- Practices with more than one office location can submit information by office location or using one main account
- How you sample your charts impacts eligibility to apply for QOPI® Certification
- Physician-level reporting is also included
Second Step: Prepare
QOPI Participation Prep: Access ⇒ Agree⇒ Review ⇒ Begin
Practices can now add and maintain their users. Please email QOPI helpdesk with questions.
- Agree on-line to the BAA for each account that will be used to enter charts (if you have not already done so)
- QOPI Training Slides, QOPI User Manual, Data Dictionary and Chart Abstraction Form,
- Participate in training calls with QOPI and QOPI Certification Staff (if needed)
- Review data element and abstractor notes as a team
- Identify charts
- Identify abstraction process
- No earlier than end of the 6-month visit window
Third Step: Participate
QOPI Participation Details Table:
Next Step: Apply for QOPI Certification (if eligible)!
QOPI® participation is the pathway to QOPI® Certification
The QOPI® Certification Program (QCP™) recognizes medical oncology and hematology/oncology practices that are committed to delivering the highest quality of cancer care. QCP evaluates an individual practice’s performance in areas that affect patient care and safety.
The QOPI Certification Program provides a three-year certification for outpatient hematology-oncology practices. QCP validates processes that demonstrate to patients, payers, and the medical community, a practice’s commitment to quality.
Please visit the QOPI® certification program’s (QCP™) website for detailed information on all aspects of QOPI® Certification including program eligibility, steps to certification, and policies/procedures.
Your journey to QOPI® Certification starts with QOPI® Participation.
How to become eligible to apply for QOPI® Certification
- Participate in QOPI and submit data for all applicable modules through the QOPI® Certification Pathway required for QOPI Certification during one collection round (There are 26 measures designated for QOPI® Certification which are within the modules required for Certification.) Comply with the QOPI® chart selection and sampling methodology
- Meet module chart sample size requirements or select all eligible charts if targets are not met
- Achieve Overall Quality Score(aggregate score across 26 QOPI Certification designated measures): 75% or higher
- Comply with 20 Certification standards.
- Modules selected, sample size submitted, and data submitted are subject to audit prior to determining QOPI® Certification status.
We are here to help you every step of the way!
Available 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM ET, Monday - Friday
Contact the QOPI Help Desk or call 571-483-1660
QOPI measures and content related assistance
Creation of special accounts for aggregate reporting and group collaborative
Participation requirements and account set-up assistance
Technical support for the QOPI System
How to reset your password if you know your username:
- Enter in your login name
- Click on "i forgot my password"
- Enter email address or answer challenge question
- A system generated reset password link email will be sent to you and then you will be able to reset your password.
- If you continue to have difficulty resetting your password, contact the QOPI helpdesk.
Username and Password Tips:
- Is "Caps Lock" on? Passwords are case-sensitive, so turn off "Caps Lock" on your keyboard, and then try logging in again.
- Did you enter the letter "o" as the number "0", or the letter "l" as the number "1"? Make the appropriate changes, and then try logging in again.
- Does a row of black dots appear in the password box immediately after you enter your username? If you previously saved a password for this account, the Microsoft Windows AutoComplete feature will sometimes automatically enter in that previously saved password. If a row of black dots appears in the password box immediately after you enter your username, delete the dots in the password box, and then re-enter your password.
If you are sure that your username and password are correct, a failed login may mean that your web browser is configured incorrectly. You may want to try the items listed below, or feel free to contact the QOPI Help Desk directly at (571) 483-1660.
- Check your web browser: Google chrome is the preferred web browser. You may also use Firefox (37.0) and IE 10 or 11.
- Check that the date/time on your computer is correct: Double-click on the time in the lower right-hand corner of your monitor. Check that the Month, Day, Year, time, am/pm, and time zone are all correct.
- Check that cookies are enabled: In Internet Explorer, select Tools > Internet Options > Privacy. Check that the Privacy slider is not set to "block all cookies"
If none of these actions resolve the problem, try logging in with a different web browser (e.g., if you were using Firefox, use Internet Explorer (IE 10 preferred) instead or try logging in from a different computer to see if the problem resolves.
Do not hesitate to contact the QOPI Help Desk at (571) 483-1660 if you run into a problem.